All praise to thee who safe has kept (Samuel Sebastian Wesley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2009-12-26). Score information: A4, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Description: Arrangement of a tune by R. Hudson (1732-1815)
Original text and translations
1. All praise to thee who safe hast kept,
And hast refreshed me while I slept!
Grant, Lord, when I from death awake,
I may of endless life partake.
2. Lord, I my vows to thee renew;
Disperse my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with thy self my spirit fill.
3. Direct, control, suggest this day,
All I design, or do, or say,
That all my powers, with all their might,
In thy sole glory may unite.
4. Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.