Almighty God, who hast me brought (Thomas Ford)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 22 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This version uses "which hast", rather than "who hast". MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2003-05-24). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 68 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Contains verse 1 only.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2002-01-09). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
First published: 1614 in The teares or lamentacions of a sorrowfull soule, no. 13
2nd published: 1933 in The Church Anthem Book, p. 6
Description: Now well-known as a church anthem, this piece was originally published as a lute-song under the title Almighty God which hast me brought.
Original text and translations
Almighty God, Who hast me brought
In safety to the present day,
Keep me from sin in heart and thought,
And teach me what to do and say.
Prosper me, Lord, in all my works,
Help me with thy continual grace,
Keep me from Satan vile that lurks
To trap my soul in ev'ry place.
Almighty Lord and God of love,
Direct mine heart and guide my ways,
Amend my miss, my mind remove
From all that from thy glory strays.