• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
As Vesta was from Latmos hill descending (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2006-05-31). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 125 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Revised edition (uploaded 2008-10-21), correcting previous errors and adding a piano reduction.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-17). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 137 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 82 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Frank van Nimwegen (submitted 2001-10-19). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 221 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: As Vesta was from Latmos Hill Descending
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Description: No. 18 from The Triumphs of Oriana
Original text and translations
As Vesta was from Latmos hill descending,
She spied a maiden Queen the same ascending,
Attended on by all the shepherds' swain,
To whom Diana's darlings came running down amain,
First two by two, then three by three together,
Leaving their goddess all alone hasted thither;
And mingling with the shepherds of her train,
With mirthful tunes her presence entertain.
Then sang the shepherds and nymphs of Diana,
Long live fair Oriana!