Blow, Shepherds, blow (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-01-24). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 54 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14944, with minor corrections to underlay. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 72 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format
Title: Blow, Shepherds, blow
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: No. 8 from Canzonets for three voices
Original text and translations
Blow, Shepherds, blow,
blow your pipes with glee resounding,
with gladsome glee resounding:
See lo where the fair Eliza,
see she comes with love,
love and heavenly grace abounding.
Run Nymphs apace, go meet her
with flowers and garlands goodly greet her.
All hail Eliza fair, the country's goddess;
long mayst thou live the shepherds queen,
and lovely Mistress;
long mayst thou live the shepherds lovely Mistress;
long mayst thou live their Mistress.