Chandos Anthems (George Frideric Handel)
The Chandos Anthems are eleven works performed by George Frideric Handel while at Cannons in the employ of the Duke of Chandos, 1717-1719. Chrysander's G. F. Händels Werke refers to "Chandos Anthems" while using Psalmen on the title page; the Hallische Händel-Ausgabe (Bärenreiter, 1981-95) titles them Anthems for Cannons. Nevertheless many were either revisions of earlier works or were significantly revised at later dates.
View the Wikipedia article on Chandos Anthems (George Frideric Handel).
- "O be joyful in the Lord" (Jubilate) HWV 246
- "In the Lord put I my trust", HWV 247
- (George Frideric Handel)|"Have mercy upon me", HWV 248
- "O come, let us sing unto the Lord", HWV 249a & 249b (heavily revised from 1713 version)
- "I will magnify thee", HWV 250a-b (2 movements added 1724)
- "As pants the hart", HWV 251a-e respectively 1713, 1718, 1722 for orchestra, 1722 for bc, 1738
- "My song shall be alway", HWV 252 partly derived from Te Deum in D, HWV 280
- "O come, let us sing unto the Lord", HWV 253
- "O praise the Lord with one consent" HWV 254 (ST ANNE)
- "The Lord is my light" HWV 255
- "Let God arise" HWV 256a-b rev. 1726