• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
The entry in Cathedral Music, Volume 2 (William Boyce) reads:
Christopher Tye, was born in the City of Westminster, and commenced a Batchelor in Music at Cambridge in 1537. He took his Degree of Doctor there in 1545, and was admitted in the same Year, a Gentleman of the Chapel Royal. In 1548, he was also complimented with the last mentioned Degree, at Oxford.
He was possessed of great Skill both in the theoretical and praxtical Branches of his Profession. The Acts of the Apostles were translated by him into English Verse, and adapted to Sounds: He published them in 1553, with a Dedication to King Edward the Sixth.
View Wikipedia article for Christopher Tye.
List of choral works
- Ad te clamamus (Salve regina) (no editions available)
- Gloria laus ( )
- Laudate nomen Domini (3 editions available)
- Omnes gentes, plaudite manibus (one edition available)
- Peccavimus cum patribus nostris (3 editions available)
- A sound of angels ( )
- Give almes of thy goods (2 editions available)
- Hail, Glorious Spirits ( )
- I will exalt Thee ( Sibelius 2 ) -- See Sing unto the Lord for Second Part
- Lord, let thy servant (Nunc dimittis) (2 editions available)
- Magnificat & Nunc dimittis in G minor ( )
- O Come, ye servants of the Lord (2 editions available)
- O God, be merciful ( Capella )
- O God of Bethel ( )
- O Holy Spirit, Lord of Grace (2 editions available)
- Sing unto the Lord ( Capella ) -- See I will exalt Thee for First Part
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL