Dein Herzlein mild, Op. 62, No. 4 (Johannes Brahms)
- Editor: Robert Urmann (submitted 2011-05-10). Score information: Executive, 2 pages, 142 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: see Sieben Lieder, Op. 62 for a complete edition
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-06-15). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 46 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- September 1874; Berlin: Simrock
- Sämtliche Werke, vol. 21
- Scanned score of the first print from Brahms Institute at the University of Music Lübeck (Germany)
Original text and translations
Dein Herzlein mild, du liebes Bild,
Thou gentle girl as fair as pearl,
Thy mild heart, sweet image,
has not yet lighted up.
Inside, a dreamy glow lies dormant,
which will soon manifest itself.
The night has brought dew
to all buds in the woods,
and in the morning, a sea of blossom
spreads its fragrance across the slope.
Tender love has, through the night,
poured dew into the heart
and in the morning, behold,
the little bud has flourished.