• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
Ortiz was from Toledo, but was active in the Spanish Kingdom of Naples when he published his two volumes in 1553 and 1565. The book of masses promised in the later's preface never appeared.
View the Wikipedia article on Diego Ortiz.
List of choral works
- Benedictus Dominus Deus Israel ( Capella )
- Christe Redemptor omnium, conserva ( Capella )
- Confitebor tibi Domine ( Capella )
- Dixit Dominus ( Capella )
- Doulce memoire - Una Canzon Francese ( )
- Janitor coeli ( Capella )
- Magnificat quinti toni ( Capella )
- Nuntius celso (2 editions available)
- Regina coeli ( Capella )
- Te Deum laudamus ( Capella )
- Te lucis ante terminum ( )
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Trattado de glossas sobre clausulas y otros generos de puntos en la musica de violones nuevamente puestos en luz. (Rome, 1553) treatise on playing (and singing) divisions.
- Musices liber primus hymnos, Magnificas, Salves, motecta, psalmos (Venice, 1565) includes sixty-nine compositions for Vespers, for four to seven voices.
- A number works survive in ms. as well but it is hard to rule out Miguel Ortiz or others.
add web links here