- (Posted 2015-09-02) CPDL #36680: (Sibelius 4)
- Editor: Brian Marble (submitted 2015-09-02). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 87 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In G. Very slight differences from #22386 (ms. 60-61). MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- CPDL #22386:
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2010-10-02). Score information: Ledger, 10 pages, 444 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Das Chorwerk no. 9, ed. Friedrich Blume, Möseler Verlag Wolfenbüttel, 1935. The notation in the present edition is a major third higher than the original, with half the time values. The original had one flat in the soprano and tenor, and two in the alto and bass. Translation, music ficta and text underlay here by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers.
Title: Dominus regnavit
Composer: Josquin des Prez
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
Description: Psalm 92 (Hebrew 93) plus doxology. Grove Music Online notes under "Doubtful and misattributed works": "attrib. Josquin in 15399, 15535, D-HRD 9820; rhythmically square; ?later"
Original text and translations
decorem indutus est:
Indutus est Dominus fortitudinem,
et praecinxit se.
Etenim firmavit orbem terrae,
qui non commovebitur.
Parata sedes tua ex tunc;
A saeculo tu es.
Elevaverunt flumina, Domine,
Elevaverunt flumina vocem suam,
Elevaverunt flumina fluctus suos,
A vocibus aquarum multarum.
Mirabiles elationes maris;
Mirabilis in altis Dominus.
credibilia facta sunt nimis;
Domum tuam decet sanctitudo,
Domine, in longitudinem dierum.
Gloria Patri et Filio
et Spiritui Sancto.
Sicut erat in principio,
et nunc, et semper,
et in saecula saeculorum, Amen.
The Lord reigns,
he is clothed with majesty:
The Lord is clothed in strength,
and has girded himself.
For indeed he has made firm the earth,
which will not be displaced.
Your throne is prepared from of old;
You are beyond the age.
The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
The floods have lifted up their voice,
The floods have lifted up their waves,
From the voices of many waters.
Wonderful are the risings of the sea;
Wonderful on high is the Lord.
have been made greatly believable;
Holiness befits your house,
O Lord, into the length of days.
Glory to the Father and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
and now, and forever,
and to the ages of ages, Amen.