He's blest whose sins have pardon gained (Stephen Jarvis)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2011-01-17). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 43 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The vocal bass part is figured in the source: this figuring has been omitted from the present edition to facilitate the underlaying of the text. The first verse only of the text is given in the source: subsequent verses have been added editorially, on the basis of the title 'Psalm 32nd. 1st 7th 10th & 11th Verses' in the source.
- Small grace notes printed in the source have been written out in full-sized notes in this edition.
- The counter (alto) part from beat 3 of bar 15 to beat 2 of bar 19 in this edition is printed in small notes on the treble stave in the source, and has been separated out editorially: this part may be sung by altos or divisi sopranos.
- MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
Description: A setting of four stanzas from Psalm 32 in the metrical New Version. Hymn Tune Index tune number 18238.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 32.