Hodie Christus natus est (Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck)
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2017-12-25). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 157 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: On the matter of tempo and proportional interpretation of the triple and duple sections, performers should consider adopting early 17th c. Venetian practice: dotted semibreve = minim. This necessitates a fast triple time at Hodie - perhaps uncustomarily so for modern performers - but makes more sense of the Laetantur and Exsultant sections. It also allows a constant pulse to be maintained throughout and a smooth transition from triple to duple time; vital for singers who read from single parts.
- Editor: Jonathan Schakel (submitted 2012-10-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 147 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: In B-flat (down whole step). Basso continuo included.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-10-03). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key and note length. Keyboard accompaniment.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2012-02-04). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 153 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. This edition is offered at one tone below original key for SSATB or transposed down a further fourth for SATTB. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2001-10-22). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 132 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: arranged a fourth lower for men's voices, AATBB. Sibelius file is unzipped, A4 page format.
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 2001-02-10). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 152 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Hodie Christus natus est
Composer: Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck
Published: No. 13 from [[Cantiones sacrae (Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck)|Cantiones sacrae (1619)]]
Text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Hodie Christus natus est.