• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
Aliases: John Clark-Whitfield; John Clarke-Whitfield
Born: 13 December 1770, Gloucester (UK)
Died: 22 February 1836, Holmer, nr Hereford (UK)
Studied at Magdalen College Oxford,B Mus. 1793 and was successively Organist, Master of the Choristers at Ludlow Parish Church, Armagh Cathedral (Ireland) then Christ Church and St Patrick's Cathedrals -Dublin. During which time he was awarded the Cambridge degree of Mus D (Trinity College). From 1799 he was jointly organist of St John's and Trinity Colleges in Cambridge, before being appointed Organist of Hereford cathedral in 1820 - remaining Professor of music in the University of Cambridge.
View the Wikipedia article on John Clarke-Whitfeld.
List of choral works
- I will lift up mine eyes ( Capella )
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis in F ( )
- O praise God in his holiness ( )
- Sing unto the Lord ( )
- So many tears of misery ( )
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here