Justi in perpetuum vivent (John Sheppard)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-03-30). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 378 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Baldwin Partbooks at the original pitch with the lost Tenor part reconstructed editorially. Note values halved. Plainsong added from the 1520 printed Sarum antiphonal.
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-03-30). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 382 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: The same edition as #57765, but transposed up a major third for SAATB.
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2011-01-15). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 250 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Early English Church Music, Oxenford Imprint, 1978, edited by David Chadd. Notation here is a fourth higher than the original, with time values halved. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and the Renaissance Street Singers.
Title: Justi in perpetuum vivent
Composer: John Sheppard
Description: A setting of a responsory for Second Vespers on All Saints' Day and for First Vespers and Matins when the Common of Confessors was sung outside of Eastertide.
Original text and translations
Justi in perpetuum vivent,
The just will live forever,