Lady, those eyes (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: Kenji Yamamoto (submitted 2012-09-16). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 84.6 kB Copyright: CC BY 3.0 Unported
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-22). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14964, with corrections. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 13/03/18.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 28 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 1999-12-07). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 545 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format
Title: Lady, those eyes
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: No. 4 from Canzonets for three voices
Original text and translations
Lady, those eyes of yours,
Lady, those fair eyes,
Lady mine, those eyes that shine so clearly:
Why do you hide from me,
That bought their beams so dearly?
Think not, when thou exil'st me,
Less heat in me sojourneth,
O no, no, O no, no,
Then thou beguil'st thee.
Love doth but shine in thee,
But O, in me he burneth.