Loch Lomond (Traditional)
- Editor: Adriano Secco (submitted 2004-09-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 152 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arranger: Adriano Secco
- Editor: Eva Toller (submitted 2003-07-02). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 332 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: arranged by Eva Toller, midi files available for each part
Description: Traditional Scottish folksong. The melody is identical to the Irish Red is the rose, but with a different text.
Original text and translations
1. By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond.
Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae
On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.
Oh you'll take the high road and I'll take the low road,
An' I'll be in Scotland before you;
But me and my true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks O' Loch Lomond.
2. I mind where we parted In yon shady glen
On the steep, steep side of Ben Lomond,
Where in purple hue the highland hills we view
And the moon coming out in the gloaming.
3. The wee birdies sing and the wild flowers spring;
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping,
But the broken heart will ken no second spring again,
And the world does know how we're greeting.