Magnificat Quinti Toni (Giovanni Matteo Asola)
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2019-07-02). Score information: A4, 52 pages, 280 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A semidiplomatoric edition: note-values are retained. Even though the settings are notated in chiavetti no transposition is made. Ficta alternations are kept to a bare minimum.
This edition is for printing the scores for both choirs together. The missing odd verses are added set to the fifth tone psalm formula from Vincenzo Lusitano: "Introdutione Facilissima...", Roma 1580.
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2019-07-02). Score information: A4, 24 pages, 183 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The first choir in score. This is a companion to the edition above for both choirs in score.
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2019-07-02). Score information: A4, 23 pages, 180 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The second choir. for details look above.
Title: Magnificat Quinti Toni
Composer: Giovanni Matteo Asola
Description: The setting is of the even verses of the Magnificat, the missing odd verses are apparently intended to be sung to the apropriate psalm-tone (or played by the organ). Of the 6 sections, 1-4 and 6 are set for 2 SATB choirs. The fifth verse, "Sicut locutus est" is for six voices SSAATB, the original part-books omitting tenor II and bass I.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.