Merbecke's Communion Service (John Merbecke)
- Editor: Stephen Trahair (submitted 2010-12-13). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 205 kB Copyright: CC BY
- Edition notes: An arrangement for organ and unison voices of Merbecke's Communion Service, including the Responses and Acclamations, the Creed, Sanctus & Benedictus, Agnus Dei, Lord's Prayer, Kyries and Gloria. This edition follows modern usage in not retaining Merbecke's note values. It may be freely copied and performed, provided the attribution 'arranged and edited by Stephen Trahair' is made. The PDF was produced in reversed order: from last to first page.
- Editor: Edmund Brownless (submitted 2009-04-23). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 72 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Kyrie, Sanctus, Benedictus and Agnus Dei (with a somewhat contemporary organ accompaniment)
- Arranger: Edmund Brownless
Title: Merbecke's Communion Service
Composer: John Merbecke
Description: John Merbecke's 'Book of Common Praier Noted' of 1550 was written for use with the first Prayer Book in English, which was published in the reign of King Edward VI. It set the liturgy to plainsong chant.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: