Michel-Richard de Lalande
Aliases: Delalande, Michel Richard; de La Lande, Michel Richard; La Lande, Michel Richard de
Born: 15 December 1657
Died: 18 June 1726
Delalande is mainly associated with the grand motet and with Versailles where he is buried, but held posts in several Paris churches before becoming organist du Roi; his Leçons de Ténèbres (1711) were written for Ste-Chapelle.
View the Wikipedia article on Michel-Richard de Lalande.
List of choral works
In all 77 grands motets, 9 élévations (S. 78-86), Miserere & O filii (with lost works S. 87-90), 16 extracted petits motets (after grands, S.91-106), 9 Leçons de ténèbres (S.107-124), Messe en plainchant musical (S.126) Cantique (Racine, S.127), Tandis que Babylone (S.128) & numerous stage works (opera, intermedes, cantates, ballets) and instrumental works.
- Cantate Domino (Ps. 96) S.55
- De profundis clamavi, S.23
- Laudate Dominum (Ps. 147) S.57
- Super flumina Babilonis S.13 Choral movements only available; there are two versions of this work.
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- ms. Philidor et al. (27 grand motets, c. 1690)
- ms. Philidor for Ct. de Toulouse (11 motets, c. 1705)
- 40 Motets (engraved in short score, 1729-34)
- ms. Cauvin (41 grands motets in full score c. 1741)