Pange lingua (Anton Bruckner)
- Editor: Claude Tallet (submitted 2007-10-21). Score information: A4, 1 page, 23 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: Pange lingua, recte: Tantum ergo, WAB 32
Composer: Anton Bruckner
Published: Bruckner composed this work as Tantum ergo in 1845. The motet was first published, in a shortened version, as Pange lingua by Wöss together with the Vexilla regis in 1914 – the reason why Grasberger put it as "Pange lingua, WAB 32" between the Pange lingua, WAB 31 in C major of c. 1835/1891, and the Pange lingua - Tantum ergo, WAB 33 in Phrygian mode of 1868.
Description: This setting in D major is the first of eight settings by Bruckner of the "Tantum ergo".
The other settings are
- the Tantum ergo, WAB 43 in A major of c. 1845,
- the four Tantum ergo (WAB 41) of 1846/1888 in B-flat major, A-flat major, E-flat major, and C major,
- the Tantum ergo, WAB 42 in D major of 1846/1888,
- the Tantum ergo, WAB 44 in B-flat major of c. 1854.
View the Wikipedia article on Pange lingua (Anton Bruckner).
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Pange lingua.