Pearce did dance with Petronella (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-01). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 66 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #9220. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 03/02/19.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-12). PDF file not found on the external site. Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 26 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Pearce did dance with Petronella
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Published: 1598 in Canzonets to Four Voices.
Original text and translations
Pearce did dance with Petronella
Pretty almains that were new,
Such he danc'd and nothing true.
But when Petronella danc'd without him,
All the maids began to flout him.