• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
Died: 30 November 1580
The entry in Cathedral Music, Volume 1 (William Boyce) reads:
Richard Farrant was Gentleman of the Royal Chapels to King Edward VI, and Queen Elizabeth, and in 1564 was appointed Organist of St. George's Chapel, Windsor, and Master of the Choristers there. In 1580 he resign'd his Place in the Royal Chapels, and died in 1585.
His Compositions for the Church Service were peculiarly solemn, and well adapted for that Purpose.
View the Wikipedia article on Richard Farrant.
List of choral works
- Ah, alas, you salt sea gods ( Finale 2000 )
- Call to remembrance 3 editions available
- Hide not thou thy face (4 editions available)
- Lord, for Thy tender mercy's sake (9 editions available)
- Magnificat and Nunc dimittis in G minor ( )
- O sacrum convivium ( Finale 2008 )
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here