• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
Richard John Samuel Stevens
Stevens was educated in St Paul's Cathedral choir. He was appointed organist of the Temple Church, 1786, organist of the Charterhouse, 1796 and Professor of Music in Gresham College, 1801. His glees (three published sets, and many items submitted to the Catch Club), are his most enduring works. He also wrote church music, an opera and an oratorio, songs and keyboard pieces.
His "Recollections" (ed. Argent, Oxford University Press) provide an absorbing insight into the career of a Georgian professional musician.
View the Wikipedia article on Richard John Samuel Stevens.
List of choral works
- She is faithless and I am undone ( )
- Although soft sleep ( )
- Blow, blow thou winter wind ( )
- To be gazing on those charms ( )
- Sigh no more, ladies ( Sibelius 7 )
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add links here