• To submit scores or edit pages, register/log in and you'll be redirected to the Contributor ChoralWiki •
Sleep, fleshly birth (Robert Ramsey)
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2007-01-01). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 99 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- CPDL #11106: NoteWorthy Composer
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-27). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 70 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 114 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- CPDL #08683: NoteWorthy Composer
- Editor: Sara Manley (submitted 2004-12-03). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 200 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Sleep, Fleshly Birth
Composer: Robert Ramsey
Original text and translations
Sleep, fleshly birth, in peaceful earth,
and let thine ears list to the music of the spheres,
while we around this fairy ground
thy doleful obit keeping,
make marble melt with weeping.
With num'rous feet we'll part and meet.
Then chorus-like in a ring thy praises sing,
while show'rs of flow'rs bestrew thee,
we'll thus with tears bedew thee.
Rest in soft peace, sweet youth, and there remain
'till soul and body meet to join again.