Talk:Miserere mei a 11 (Hans Leo Hassler)
Three possible errors:
1. Measure 18, T.I, last note should be E instead of C?
2. Measure 167, T.I, second note should be C-natural instead of C-flat?
3. Measure 196, B.II, third note should be G-sharp instead of G-natural? Similarly, sixth note in T.I? G-sharps appear in other parts in this measure.
1. Editor error. This note should indeed be an E (as should the following beat, M19. 1st note)
2. Yes. Nature abhors a C flat, and I have removed this over-enthusiastic cancellation of the previous sharps.
3. Not sure. Other sharpened items in the bar are sharpened in the source, these are not. Does ficta come into play? I would be disinclined to sharpen the T.I, and a B.II sharpened would then create a false relation, which would over-egg the pudding. I can't think of a way to signpost editorial indecision her, so shall leave it. The other errors will be corrected in my next pdf upload (c. 10 days)Cjshawcj (talk) 16:37, 31 December 2012 (UTC)