The First Set of Madrigals and Mottets (Orlando Gibbons)
Publication date and place: 1612
Composer: Orlando Gibbons
- 1. The silver swan
- 2. O that the learned poets
- 3. I weigh not fortune's frown
- 4. I tremble not at noise of war
- 5. I see ambition never pleas'd
- 6. I feign not friendship where I hate
- 7. How art thou thralled
- 8. Farewell all joys
- 9. Dainty fine bird
- 10. Fair ladies that to Love captived are
- 11. 'Mongst thousands good
- 12. Now each flowery bank of May
- 13. Lais now old
- 14. What is our life?
- 15. Ah, dear heart, why do you rise?
- 16. Fair is the rose
- 17. Nay let me weep
- 18. Ne'er let the sun
- 19. Yet if that age
- 20. Trust not too much
NB This is the order in which the music appears in the original, not the order as stated in the preface.