The Lord's Prayer (Robert Stone)
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2013-07-12). Score information: Letter, 1 page Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key, note values & bar lines, with conducting hints. Favors Bodleian ms. readings.
- Editor: Trevor Day (submitted 2006-08-23). Score information: A4, 1 page, 525 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Adjusted to fit on single sheet of A4. Sourced from several previous versions and memory. May freely be copied for use in Worship.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2006-01-07). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 25 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Andrew Crookall (submitted 2003-11-20). Score information: A4, 1 page, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Sibelius file retrieved through http://archive.org. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Title: The Lord's Prayer
Composer: Robert Stone
Description: The earliest setting in English. Besides Day's print, there is a c1548 manuscript, Bodleian MSS Mus sch e 420-422. The underlay of the last phrase would seem to be confusing: Anthony Greening's edition (Oxford University Press 1973) places the first syllable of "Amen" on the fourth through second last notes of the top voice.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Pater noster.
Stone's text is different from any of the BCP versions listed here
…them that trespass … let us not be led into temptation; but deliver us from all [ms. only] evil. Amen.