This joyful Eastertide (Anonymous)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-05). Score information: A4, 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Andrew Halladay (submitted 2011-05-02). Score information: Octavo, 1 page, 651 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Edition conceived for SATB choir. Adapted from "The Cowley Carol Book" edition. arr. Charles Wood
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2007-11-18). Score information: A4, 1 page, 38 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Edition based on the Cyber Hymnal. Does not contain any text.
- Editor: Andrew Crookall (submitted 2003-11-20). Score information: A4, 1 page, 30 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Sibelius file retrieved through http://archive.org. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Christopher Braginetz (submitted 1999-12-01). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 120 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: arr. Charles Wood.
Description: Tune: Easter-Tide, from David’s Psalmen, Amsterdam, Holland: 1685.
Original text and translations
This joyful Eastertide,
Away with sin and sorrow!
My Love, the Crucified,
Hath sprung to life this morrow.
Had Christ, that once was slain,
Ne'er burst his three-day prison,
Our faith had been in vain:
But now hath Christ arisen,
arisen, arisen, arisen.
My flesh in hope shall rest,
And for a season slumber:
Till trump from east to west
Shall wake the dead in number.
Had Christ, that once...
Death's flood hath lost his chill,
Since Jesus cross'd the river
Lover of souls, from ill
My passing soul deliver.
Had Christ, that once ...