Unkind, O stay thy flying (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-09-26). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 43 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-01). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 64 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 49 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Unkind, O stay thy flying
Composer: John Wilbye
Description: No. 20 from The 1st Set of Madrigals
Original text and translations
Unkind, O, stay thy flying!
And if I needs must die, pity me dying.
But in thee, my heart is lying
And no death can assail me,
Alas! till life doth fail thee,
Oh therefore, if the fates bid thee be fleeting,
Stay for me, whose poor heart thou hast in keeping.