User talk:Claude T
- 1 New edition not showing up / thanks for the redirect
- 2 Michael Praetorius - Quem pastores laudavere a 4
- 3 Appreciation
- 4 Samuel Babcock
- 5 Wikipedia version of this guy as a bishop, not a composer
- 6 2020
- 7 MXL file
- 8 At first the mountain rill (George Alexander MacFarren)
- 9 Qui habitat by Ortells
- 10 Thanks...
- 11 Valls Magnificat a 8 (incomplete) #13405
- 12 Thanks, Claude
- 13 Request of score removal
- 14 Settings of Benedictus by Juan del Vado
New edition not showing up / thanks for the redirect
Hi Claude, thanks for the redirect on my user page (and for bumping my edition of As Vesta was to the top of the page for chronological ordering--I'll be sure to do that next time).
I see my new edition listed when I view As Vesta was while signed in, but not otherwise. Is this normal? Am I missing something?
- You're welcome, Maïa! Recent changes are seen only when connected (logged in). But after a few hours, perhaps a day or so, they remain seeable by anybody.
- By the way, we use to add, as a source file, an MXL (compressed musicXML) file with each edition. The reason for that is to be more user-friendly for the users who don't have the same notation software as the editor. If they have a recent software, they can open such file, to adapt the pitch to their choir abilities, to make rehearsal files, etc. You may add any file to your edition clicking on 'Upload a file' in the left pane of any CPDL page, under 'Tools'. You'll also, next time, be able to add an MXL file in lieu of the Sibelius one through the AddWork form. Claude (talk) 06:45, 23 December 2019 (UTC)
Michael Praetorius - Quem pastores laudavere a 4
there is an existing page of Quem pastores laudavere a 4 (Michael Praetorius), which first edition claims to be from Musae Sioniae, fünffter Theil (Michael Praetorius), but the page is not linked to this publication. The two other publications on this page are similar but different, and all three are not any version from "Musae Sioniae V". (In "Musae Sioniae" the numbers 88, 89 and 90 are "Quem pastores a 4", but with different extras).
So I added a second page Quem pastores laudavere a 4 with children (Michael Praetorius), which I linked to "Musae Sioniae V, No 88".
If I find time I will add No. 89 from the autograph, put it to Quem pastores laudavere a 4 (Michael Praetorius) and link it to "Musae Sioniae V, No. 89", because it's the most similar source for the existing three editions. User:Volker Seibt (talk) 13:16, 29 December 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for the warm welcome, you are very kind! I am glad to be part of this amazing community. I am grateful to have this once in a lifetime opportunity to work with you and to meet others. It is a pleasure and a privilege for me to be here. I owe you my life! --Music4Ever (talk) 21:35, 29 December 2019 (UTC)
- Feel free to ask, if any question. Claude (talk) 06:26, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_G._Babcock There is no person named Samuel Babcock that is a composer. This Wikipedia source links to a bishop named Samuel G. Babcock. This page also has the wrong birth and death dates. Please delete this. This person is not a composer, he was a bishop. Not relevant to this wiki. --Music4Ever (talk) 17:29, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia version of this guy as a bishop, not a composer
Samuel Gavitt Babcock (1851–1938) was an American bishop in the Protestant Episcopal Church. He graduated from the Episcopal Theological School at Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1891. After holding pastorates in Rhode Island and Massachusetts he was archdeacon of Massachusetts from 1903 to 1913, when he was elected suffragan bishop of Massachusetts. --Music4Ever (talk) 17:32, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
- I'm knowing nothing about him. Please use the forums before any deletion. Claude (talk) 17:36, 30 December 2019 (UTC)
Hi Claude. You added an MXL file to my page https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Heart_of_Spring_(Mark_Chapman) I have updated the MuseScore file but don't have access to update this one. Thanks. MarkChapman (talk) 04:12, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, Mark. Thank you for your contributions. I've updated the MXL file. Next time, feel free to add your own MXL file and warn me to remove mine ;-) Claude (talk) 07:07, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
At first the mountain rill (George Alexander MacFarren)
Thanks for adding the text, Claude. Must have got distracted after uploading the files.
Qui habitat by Ortells
Claude, I entered the details of this work today but after doing this I did not get the usual email with the code to use in creating the new work. Did I do something wrong? Jgoodliffe (talk) 17:12, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, Jonathan, Many thanks for all your contributions! For what I can see, you uploaded three files concerning that work, but I don't see that you filled the AddWork form as before, for the other works. Please go to the Ortell's composer page, click on 'Add new work' on the upper right part. Fill the AddWork form, but no need to upload the files, you did it already. By the way, adding an MXL (compressed XML) file allows more users to use your edition(s), not only those who have Sibelius. Feel free to upload the MXL file in lieu of the Sibelius one, if you don't want to upload both files. Kind Regards, Claude (talk) 21:37, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Claude. Thanks for this. My version of Sibelius (5.2.5) can only import, not export XML files. The cost of upgrading the software, which in all other respects does everything I want, is disproportionate. However, I will keep an eye out for a possible solution Jgoodliffe (talk) 09:51, 3 March 2020 (UTC)
Valls Magnificat a 8 (incomplete) #13405
Could you please rename this work "Magnificat a 8 tertii toni". I have discovered a complete version of it which will shortly be uploaded. Merci bien!
HI, Claude. Thank you for your welcome and for reviewing my page! I'm new to CPDL as a contributor, so I hope I don't make too many mistakes (for example, is really this the place for writing to you?). Yesterday I added some more information on my page, but I can see them only if I'm logged in: Is there something wrong? Have a nice day! Paolo ZoccaratoPaolo Zoccarato (talk) 06:06, 12 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, Paolo. You're welcome. You did it all right. It's normal: When one is logged, he reaches the main server, www.cpdl.org, which shows the changes quite instantly. When not logged in, you go to ww1, ww2 or ww3; they show the changes hours after. Kind Regards, Claude (talk) 09:34, 12 August 2020 (UTC)
Request of score removal
Hi Claude, I would ask you to remove the music files of Fermarono i cieli (Alfonso Maria de' Liguori) because I am publishing my arrangement with Carus Verlag. You can obviously leave the page and the description. Thank you, Fraspi (talk) 07:59, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- Done. Claude (talk) 11:39, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
Settings of Benedictus by Juan del Vado
I have 4 settings of the Benedictus by this composer extracted from his masses. Is it OK to put them all on one page (with separate score numbers) or should they each be on a separate page?