What ails my darling (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14985, with corrections. MusicXML source file(s) is (are) in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-13). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 37 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-06-21). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 62 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format
Title: What ails my darling
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
What ails my pretty darling?
What ails mine own sweet darling,
Thus sitting all alone so weary?
Say, why is my dear now not merry?
O cease thus to grieve thee,
And take this kiss here to relieve thee.
Up now, arise thee;
O how can my love lie asleeping,
And see yon lusty, lusty leaping?