When lo, by break of morning (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2016-11-26). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-12). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 22 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #9261, with corrections. Transposed up a major 2nd. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 23 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Eva Toller (submitted 2002-12-01). Score information: 19.8 x 29.7 cm, 3 pages, 83 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: TBB, arranged by Eva Toller, midi files available for each part.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 1999-12-04). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 138 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: partbook format
Title: When lo, by break of morning
Composer: Thomas Morley
Published: 1595 in Canzonets to Two Voices.
Description: from Canzonets to Two Voices (Thomas Morley)
Original text and translations
When lo, by break of morning,
My love, herself adorning,
Doth walk the woods so dainty
Gath'ring sweet violets and cowslips plenty,
The birds, enamour'd, sing and praise my Flora:
Lo, here a new Aurora.