William Marsh was a bookseller and composer in Canterbury.
Just Published, Price 4s. 6d.
A SET of PSALM and HYMN TUNES, with some SELECT PIECES, and an ANTHEM. - The Music in four parts, and figured for the organ, piano forte, &c. Composed by Thomas Clark, of Canterbury.
Also a SEPARATE PIECE, Price 1s.
Sold by William Marsh, bookseller, Palace-street, Canterbury.
N.B. - The Music entirely new, and never before published.'
Marsh's own collection of music, A Set of New Psalm & Hymn Tunes Composed in a Familiar Style, was published for him by James Peck of 47, Lombard St, London, and 'Sold by the Author Palace St. Canterbury'. The preface to this collection is dated 1816, and acknowledges Thomas Clark's assistance.
List of choral works
- Be light and glad, in God rejoice
- Come, Lord, from above, the mountain remove
- Come, ye sinners, poor and wretched
- Let all the just to God with joy
- O the delights, the heavenly joys
- There is a land of pure delight
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- A Set of New Psalm and Hymn Tunes, London, (1816)
add web links here