Difference between revisions of "Ah, cruel hateful fortune (George Kirbye)"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 19:30, 24 January 2012
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-21). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 52 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #11633, which seems to be a copy of #10132, without the dynamics. The alto part has been transposed down an octave and the whole piece then transposed up a tone. Although this version is set as SSATTB, the first tenor range would make SSAATB possible too.
- CPDL #11633: NoteWorthy Composer
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-05-07). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 48 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 14 pages, 76 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 V. M. Brennan
Title: Ah, cruel hateful Fortune
Composer: George Kirbye
Description: No 1 from Six madrigals to six voices
Original text and translations
Ah! cruel, hateful fortune!
Now must I death importune,
Since that I am of all my hope deprived,
Nor but for sorrow had my soul survived.
Only this hope doth rest for my contentment,
That fortune, tir'd, will yield me some amendment.