Alexandria (Alexander Gillet)
- (Posted 2018-04-29) CPDL #49488: AlexandriaGillet1791bpr.mxl
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-04-29). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 82 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-04-29). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 2 pages, 78 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Transcribed from Law's Christian Harmony, 1794. Another triad of stanzas included from Watts' paraphrase.
Description: Published in Andrew Law's Rudiments of Music, 1791, for four voices: two trebles, tenor, and bass. Words by Isaac Watts, 1719, paraphrase of Psalm 42, Part 2, with six stanzas. Gillet used the first three stanzas of Watts' paraphrase in his composition.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 42.