Angels from the realms of glory (Henry Thomas Smart)
- Editor: Edward L. Stauff (added 2004-05-20). Score information: Letter, 1 page Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Original text and translations
- Angels from the realms of glory,
- Wing your flight o’er all the earth;
- Ye who sang creation’s story
- Now proclaim Messiah’s birth.
- Come and worship, come and worship,
- Worship Christ, the newborn King.
- Shepherds, in the field abiding,
- Watching o’er your flocks by night,
- God with us is now residing;
- Yonder shines the infant light:
- Sages, leave your contemplations,
- Brighter visions beam afar;
- Seek the great Desire of nations;
- Ye have seen His natal star.
- Saints, before the altar bending,
- Watching long in hope and fear;
- Suddenly the Lord, descending,
- In His temple shall appear.
- Sinners, wrung with true repentance,
- Doomed for guilt to endless pains,
- Justice now revokes the sentence,
- Mercy calls you; break your chains.
- 5 - Alt.
- Lord of Heaven, we adore Thee,
- God the Father, God the Son,
- God the Spirit, One in glory,
- On the same eternal throne.
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Lord of Heaven, Three in One.
- Though an Infant now we view Him,
- He shall fill His Father’s throne,
- Gather all the nations to Him;
- Every knee shall then bow down:
- All creation, join in praising
- God, the Father, Spirit, Son,
- Evermore your voices raising
- To th’eternal Three in One.