False Love, Op. 27, No. 2 (Edward Elgar)
- CPDL #7931: Sibelius 2
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (added 2004-09-27). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 180 kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: False Love, Op. 27, No. 2
Composer: Edward Elgar
Description: No. 2 from "From the Bavarian Highlands"
Original text and translations
- Now we hear the Spring's sweet voice
- Singing gladly through the world;
- Bidding all the earth rejoice.
- All is merry in the field,
- Flowers grow amidst the grass,
- Blossoms blue, red, white they yiels.
- As I seek my maiden true,
- Sings the little lark on high
- Fain to send her praises due.
- As I climb and reach her door,
- Ah! I see a rival there,
- So farewell! For evermore.
- Ever true was I to thee.
- Never grieved or vexed thee, love,
- False, oh! False, art thou to me.
- Now amid the forest green,
- Far from cruel eyes that mock
- Will I dwell unloved, unseen.