Help:The perfect edition
If you wish to add any content, feel free, but please discuss any changes of the existing material on the talk page.
Here are some guidelines for creating an edition of a choral or vocal work for submission to CPDL.
Editions should include:
- The full title (including opus or other catalogue number if applicable), subtitle and composer's dedication at the top of the first page of music in the order: dedication, title, subtitle (from top to bottom)
- The full name of the composer, with his/her years of birth and death in parentheses, aligned right, below the subtitle.
- The name of the editor of the work preceded by the phrase "Edited by", below the name of the composer, aligned right.
- The full name of the lyricist or source of lyrics, with his/her years of birth and death in parentheses, aligned left, below the subtitle.
- The name of the translator or editor of the text preceded by the phrase "Edited by" or "Translated by", below the name of the lyricist, aligned left.
Advice for music typesetters on the Werner Icking Music Archive.