Messe a 8 vois et 8 violons et flutes (H.3) (Marc-Antoine Charpentier)
- (Posted 2016-12-31) CPDL #42459:
- Full score:
- Editor: Walter Heeroma (submitted 2017-11-07). Score information: A4, 172 pages, 9.15 MB
- Vocal score:
- Editor: Walter Heeroma (submitted 2016-12-31). Score information: A4, 119 pages, 5.36 MB
- Copyright: Personal
- Orchestra parts:
- Editor: Walter Heeroma (submitted 2017-12-27). Score information: A4, 134 pages, 1.66 MB
- Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This edition consists of a full score, supplemented by a vocal score for the use by choir members and soloists and a set of orchestra parts. The edition has been made by Walter Heeroma and Madeleine Heiligers from the original manuscript in the Meslanges Autographes in the Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, for the occasion of the performance in Amsterdam on November 15, 2015 by the Lelikoor conducted by JanJoost van Elburg. The vocal score may be used in combination with the full score by Catherine Cessac as well (a list of differences between the two editions has been provided).
- Copyright: © Walter Heeroma and Madeleine Heijligers, 2015, 2017. Users are free to download and print the score for personal use or to share them within their choirs or orchestras, and to use the score for performances and recordings. Any commercial use, e.g. printing and selling scores, is prohibited without explicit permission by the copyright holders. If the score is used for a performance or recording, the editors would enjoy to receive a notice at hehe-editions. Any comments on the edition may be sent to the same e-mail address, and will be highly appreciated.
Title: Messe a 8 vois et 8 violons et flutes (H.3)
Composer: Marc-Antoine Charpentier
First published: Probably first composed 1672
Description: The Mass is probably an arrangement made by Charpentier himself in the 1680's of an original dating from 1672 (now lost), and was possibly commanded by the Paris Jesuites to celebrate the canonization of their general Francesco di Borgia. More information is in the preface to the CPDL#42459 edtion.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: