The marksman, Op. 27, No. 6 (Edward Elgar)
- CPDL #7932: Sibelius 2
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (added 2004-09-27). Score information: A4, 25 pages, 368 kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: The Marksman, Op. 27, No. 6
Composer: Edward Elgar
Description: No. 6 from "From the Bavarian Highlands"
Original text and translations
- Come from the mountain side,
- Come from the valleys wide,
- See, how we muster strong,
- Tramping along!
- Rifle on shoulder sling,
- Powder and bullets bring,
- Manly in mind and heart,
- Play we our part.
- Sure be each eye to-day,'
- Steady each hand must stay
- If in the trial we,
- Victors would be!
- Sharp is the crack! 't Is done!
- Lost in the chance, or won;
- Right in the gold is it?
- Huzza! The hit!
- The sun will sink and light the west
- And touch the peaks with crimson glow;
- Then shadows fill the vale with rest
- While stars look peace on all below.
- In triumph then we take our way,
- And with our prizes homeward wend;
- Through meadows sweet with new-mown hay,
- A song ecultant wil we send.