Adieu, ye city pris'ning towers (Thomas Tomkins)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-19). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 89 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2010-01-01). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-05-07). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 59 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 92 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 V. M. Brennan
Title: Adieu, ye city pris'ning towers
Composer: Thomas Tomkins
Original text and translations
Adieu, ye city pris'ning towers,
Better are the country bowers.
Winter is gone, the trees are springing,
Birds on ev'ry hedge sit singing.
Hark, how they chirp, come, love, delay not,
come, come, sweet love, O, come and stay not.