Come pretty wag (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-11-25). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #25105, transposed down a minor 2nd to E♭. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2011-12-06). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Score updated 20/09/12 to correct an error in alto bar 23. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Description: Eight Four-part Songs (1898) No. 6
- O Love, they wrong thee much
- At her fair hands
- Home of my heart
- You gentle nymphs
- Come pretty wag
- Ye thrilled me once
- Better music ne'er was known
Original text and translations
Come, pretty wag, and sing;
The sun's all-ripening wing
Fans up the wanton spring.
O let us both go chaunt it!
For now fresh May doth flaunt it!
Then with reports most sprightly
Trip with thy voice most lightly,
O sing, O sing so wittily,
For now, the cuckoo sings,
And echo doth rebound
And dally with the sound.