Dorchester (Samuel Babcock)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-05-23). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 2 pages, 81 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). The other pair of stanzas included from Watts hymn. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2014-03-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The alto part is printed in the alto clef in the source. The original time signature is retorted time, and the piece begins with a full bar's rest in all parts which has been omitted from the present edition. The last crotchet of bar 28 in the alto part, given here as a B, is printed in the source as the A a tone lower. Only the first (8 line) verse of the text is given in the source: a second verse has been added editorially.
- MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Description: Hymn Tune Index tune number 7016. Words by Isaac Watts, 1709, Hymn 122, Book 2, with four stanzas. Babcock used the first two stanzas of Watts' hymn in his composition.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at My God, permit me not to be.