If Love be blind (Thomas Bateson)
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-25). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-07-12). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 74 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format. Revised files uploaded 27/01/19.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 49 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 36 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: If Love be blind
Composer: Thomas Bateson
Original text and translations
If Love be blind, how hath he then the sight,
With beauty's beams my careless heart to wound?
Or, if a boy, how hath he then the might,
The mightiest conquerors to bring to ground?
O no, he is not blind, but I that lead
My thoughts the ways that bring to restless fears,
Nor yet a boy, but I, that live in dread,
Mixed with hope, and seek for joy in tears.