Lamp of our feet (John Bacchus Dykes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-08-26). Score information: A4, 1 page, 18 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From the Church Hymnary, 1927. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Original text and translations
1. Lamp of our feet, where by we trace
Our path when wont to stray;
Stream from the fount of heavenly grace,
Brook by the traveller's way;
2. Bread of our souls, where on we feed,
True manna from on high;
Our guide and chart wherein we read
Of realms beyond the sky;
3. Pillar of fire through watches dark
Or radiant cloud by day;
When waves would whelm our tossing bark,
Our anchor and our stay;
4. Word of the ever-living God,
Will of His glorious Son,
Without Thee how could earth be trod,
Or heaven itself be won?
5. Lord, grant that we aright may learn
The wisdom it imparts,
And to its heavenly teaching turn
With simple childlike hearts.