Psalmodist of Castleton, Derbyshire. Nothing is known of him beyond the three editions of his psalmody (1727 - 1753). (Source: Nicholas Temperley, "The Music of the English Parish Church")
List of choral works
- The beauty of Israel is slain
- Hear my prayer, O Lord
- The night is come
- O clap your hands together
- Sing we merrily unto God
- While shepherds watched
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- "The Psalm Singer's Choice Companion", printed by W. Pearson for Josiah Rathbone, 1727.
- "A Book of Psalmody", printed by W. Pearson, in London, for the author, and for John Eyres, in Warrington, and Josiah Rathbone, in Macclesfield, 1733 (second edition of the above).
- "David's Harp Well Tuned", printed by R. Brown for retailers in Fleet Street, Nottingham, Mansfield and Derby, 1753 (third edition of the above).
add web links here