A Welsh lullaby (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
Revision as of 17:50, 11 November 2008 by CHGiffen (Text replace - 'Lyricist|anonymous}}' to 'Lyricist|Anonymous lyricist}}')
- CPDL #16710: Sibelius4
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (added 2008-4-22). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 56 kbytes Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: File Sizes: PDF: 56 KB, MIDI: 9 KB, Sib4: 39 KB.
Description: English Lyrics - Set 5 - Number 7 - (1902) - "A Welsh Lullaby". Lyrics from a Welsh Lullaby - translated by E. O. Jones.
Original text and translations
- Sleep, sleep,
- Sleep, sleep !
- All nature now is steeping
- Her sons in sleep,
- their eylids close,
- All living things in sweet repose
- Are sleeping, sleeping !
- Sleep, baby, sleep !
- Peace o'er thee watch be keeping,
- If from my bosom thou art torn,
- Low in grave I'll lie forlorn.
- Sleeping, Ah !
- sleeping, sleeping.
- Lyrics: from a Welsh Lullaby - translated by E. O. Jones