Difference between revisions of "Dum complerentur (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)"
(Add lyrics, add a-cappella template)
(→Original text and translations)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
Revision as of 05:32, 9 January 2008
- Editor: Moriwaki Michio - MAB Soloists (added 2000-06-07). Score information: kbytes Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: zipped PostScript file, look under 'Score Library' table.
Title: Dum Complerentur
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
Original text and translations
- Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes,
- erant omnes pariter dicentes, alleluia,
- et subito factus est sonus de coelo, alleluia,
- tamquam spiritus vehementis,
- et replevit totam domum, alleluia.
- Now when the day of Pentecost had come,
- they were gathered all together, saying: alleluia.
- And suddenly they heard a great sound from heaven, alleluia,
- like a hurricane in its fury,
- which encompassed all the dwelling, alleluia.
- Acts 2: 1-2