Forgive blessed shade (John Wall Callcott)
- CPDL #19126: Sibelius 5
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2009-03-29). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Description: A three part sacred glee on the text of an epitaph originally from a gravestone in Brading, Hampshire, England.
Original text and translations
Forgive, blest shade, the tributary tear,
- That mourns thy exit from a world like this;
Forgive the wish that would have kept thee here,
- And stayed thy progress to the realms of bliss.
No more confined to grov'ling scenes of night--
- No more a tenant pent in mortal clay;
Now should we rather hail thy glorious flight,
- And trace thy journey to the realms of day.