Invitation (William Walker)
- (Posted 2018-06-23) CPDL #50287: InvitationWalker1867a.mxl
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-06-23). Score information: Unknown, 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (four-shape); published in 1867 in seven-shape format. Extensively revised by Walker from 1835 version. All six stanzas of Hart's hymn included. Walker's footnote to line 1 of stanza 1:
- "William, when you publish your now book, put the words the old way, — 'Poor and needy.'" (Dying request of my dear mother.)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-06-23). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 50 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- First Line: Come, ye sinners, poor and wretched
- Number of voices: 3vv Voicing: STB
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Southern Harmony, 1835. Notes in four-shape format, as originally published in 1835. All six stanzas of Hart's hymn included. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Description: Published in Southern Harmony, 1835, p. 2, for three voices: Treble-Tenor-Bass. Extensively revised by Walker in his Christian Harmony, 1867, p. 273, adding a new Alto part. Words by Joseph Hart, 1759, with six stanzas.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Come, ye sinners, poor and wretched.