Susanne un jour (Orlando di Lasso)
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2018-12-03). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 93 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes: Parts available at http://dfwviols.com/new/2018-12-03-01
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-03-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14919, with corrections. Modern French. Musica ficta are editorial. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2015-02-14). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- Last revised: 2016-06-04
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2013-11-19). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 90 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transcribed from Tierce livre des chansons a quatre cinq et six parties. Original note values and key signature. Musica ficta clearly marked. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2004-10-18). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 240 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Diminution added by G. Bassano
- CPDL #01998:
- Original pitch (high chiavette), A4: ws-lass-sus.mid Lassus_Susanne_un_jour.MUS(Finale 2002)
- Original pitch (high chiavette), Letter: ws-lass-sus.pdf ws-lass-sus.mid ws-lass-sus.mxl ws-lass-sus.mus(Finale 2000)
- Transposed down a note, A4: Lassus_Susanne_un_jour_-_down_a_note.pdf Lassus_Susanne_un_jour_-_down_a_note.MUS(Finale 2002)
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2001-01-22). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
Description: Lassus's setting of a popular song telling the story of Susannah and the elders. The 2nd tenor part follows the tenor of Didier Lupi's setting of Guéroult's text. Lassus used his chanson as the model of a Mass, a Magnificat and a Nunc dimittis. Other parody masses based on this setting include those by Giovanni Valentini and Marco Antonio Ingegneri. He also published different setting of a German translation of the text, Susannen fromm.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Susanne un jour.